1. Information Collected from You by the Company. We may collect information that you provide to us in connection with your use of the Service when you register as a user of the Service, or if you send e-mail messages or other information to us through the Service. If you register for an account through the Service, you will be required to provide your email address and to create a user name and password. If you place an order through the Service, you may be asked to provide your billing information, including your name and a payment card number, expiration date and security code, as well as the postal address associated with that payment card. We may also collect information that you provide to us when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services.
If you use the “email a friend” functionality on the Service to notify a friend about a product or service offered through the Service, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. If you provide your friend’s name and email address we will automatically send the friend an email from you. We do not use the email you provide to send any communication other than the email you send to your friend.
2. Information You Share on the Service. Some portions of the Service allow you to submit comments, reviews, ratings and other content. This content may be displayed on the Service and may be viewable by other users of the Service.
3. Information Automatically Collected Through the Service. We may automatically collect information about you when you use the Service. If you access the Service through a mobile device, we will automatically collect information such as your device ID and device type. If you access the Service through a computer, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Service, IP address and standard web log information.
4. Cookies. We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Service using “cookies”. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time.
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the amount of time you spend using the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to use all features of the Service, including the features that are only made available to registered members of the Service.
6. Collection of Information by Third Parties. If you visit the Service from a third-party website the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Service. Your activities on the Service while this type of code is active may be reported back to the third party website. The presence of a third party navigation bar at the top of a webpage is an indication that the third party website may be able to see your activity on the Service.
We may also provide social media features through the Service that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with the Service on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these sites, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
The Service may include third-party advertising, links to other websites, and other content from third-party businesses. These third-party websites, businesses, and advertisers, or advertising companies working on their behalf, may use web beacons and cookies to measure the effectiveness of their ads, personalize or optimize advertising content and to track users who click on the links made available through the Service. We do not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that these third parties may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
7. Use of Information by the Company. We may use information that we collect about you through the Service to:
- provide access to the Service and to provide you with requested services and customer support and to process and respond to your inquiries;
- personalize, customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising and otherwise to enhance your experience of the Service;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Terms of Service;
- analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Service;
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- contact you with information, including promotional, marketing and advertising information and recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you;
- provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information; and
8. Our Disclosure of Information to Third Parties. We do not sell, rent or lease your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. However, we may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- Third Party Marketing Partners: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from third parties, we may, from time to time, share your name and email address with a few carefully selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. We will not share any credit card information which you have given us with any of these third party marketing partner(s). In addition, if you would like us to stop providing your information to our third party marketing partners, you may opt-out as described in Section 11(B) below.
- Payment Card Companies: If you place an order through the Service, the information you provide will be transmitted by our third party payment processor to your credit card company to verify and authorize your purchase.
- Companies that Acquire Our Business or Assets: If the Company becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction.
- Aggregate Information: We may share information relating to visitors and users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis. We note that, while this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Law Enforcement Authorities: To the extent permitted by law, we may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other user of the Service to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
9. No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing. We do not tolerate spam. To report Company-related spam or spoof emails to us, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the Terms of Service.
10. Security. We take reasonable measures to protect the information you provide to us or submit through the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or submit through the Service and you do so at your own risk. No internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Email sent to or through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
11. Accessing, Changing and Managing Your Information. You may change and update the information you provide through the Service, or change your preferences concerning how we use your information, as follows:
A. Changing, Updating or Deleting Your Information. You may make changes to the user information you have provided in connection with your account by logging in to your account and changing the applicable information, or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you choose to terminate your account, you may also request that we delete your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Following receipt of a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to update, correct or delete your information.
B. Email Communications. You can always choose not to receive email communications from us or our third party marketing partners, by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any email communication you receive from us or our third party marketing partners.
12. No Use by Children. The Service is not intended for use by children under the age of thirteen (13). We will never knowingly collect information directly from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please do not provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be familiar with the websites they visit. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), please contact us immediately at email@example.com